I saved this recipe months ago and was so happy I remembered I had it when I got pieces of salmon in this week’s organics bag (it now offers up meat, chicken and fish, yay!).
I love, love, love fish tacos. The best one I’ve ever had was in Kauai–a happy moment in an otherwise disastrous trip with my now ex-boyfriend. Only he could make Hawaii a bad memory, LOL.
Anyway….here’s your fish tacos recipe. Tons of flavour. Interesting mix of hot and cool. Simple and pretty quick to make. And with my favourite ingredient, cilantro. This time from my garden, which makes this special. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did 🙂
- 2 trout fillets, cooked (I used salmon just because that’s what I had. I made Gwyneth Paltrow’s Salmon with Sriracha + Lime)
- 2 tsp canola oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 tsp salt, divided
- fresh pepper
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I used yoghurt—less fat)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chipotles in adobo sauce (I had none so used jalapeños)
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 mini cucumbers, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
wedges of lime, to serve
INSTRUCTIONS (Serves 4)
- Flake cooked trout a fork.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add 1 tsp canola oil, corn, 1/8 tsp salt and season with pepper. Cook, stirring often, until corn starts to brown, 3 to 5 min. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining 1 tsp canola oil to pan, then trout/salmon and remaining 1/8 tsp salt. Cook until warmed through, 1 to 2 min. Stir in lime juice.
- Mix sour cream (or yoghurt) with chipotles/jalapeños in a bowl until combined.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Spread 1 tbsp sour cream mixture on each tortilla. Layer with corn, trout/salmon, lettuce, cucumbers and cilantro. Serve warm with lime wedges.