I usually have an Isagenix shake for breakfast(the new strawberry one is sooo good!), but I was in the mood to try something else this weekend. Plus I had tons of strawberries and raspberries in the fridge, and an opened yoghurt. I thought a smoothie would fuel my workout that morning— 12 minutes of squats, pushups, sit-ups and, my favourite (not my favourite), burpees. All while on the beach and attempting to keep my 90 pound pup, Hudson, from running after other dogs’ balls and frisbees (extra points for that right?!).
I consulted my new go-to cookbook, Gwyneth Paltrow’s “It’s All Good” and found this awesome recipe for a red smoothie—cool name eh?
- 1 generous tbsp goji berries, soaked in water overnight and drained (I skipped these as I had none)
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 3 large strawberries, stems discarded
- 1 tbsp manuka honey
- 3 tbsp goat’s milk yoghurt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 240ml unsweetened almond milk (I used 1% cow’s milk instead)
INGREDIENTS (Serves one )
- Soak the gojis overnight until they become plump and add them to other ingredients.
- Put everything together in a blender and blend until completely smooth.