This is so jammed packed full of vegetable I felt like a better person for eating it, LOL. But seriously, it’s a hall of fame dish as far as healthy eating. It takes a bit of time to prep the veggies, but it’s super easy to make. And so full of bright colours 🙂
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, slivered 1 cup (250 mL)
- sliced mushrooms 3/4 cup (180 mL) small broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) sliced zucchini 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- coarsely chopped roasted red peppers 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- coarsely chopped canned artichoke hearts 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tub (300 mL) rosé sauce 1 pkg (350 g)
- fresh linguine pasta 1/4 cup (60 mL)
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- chopped fresh basil
INSTRUCTIONS (SERVES 4)
In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and cook onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until softened. Add mushrooms, broccoli and zucchini and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes and stir to combine; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes to heat through.
In another small saucepan or in microwave, heat rosé sauce until steaming and hot.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook linguine for 5 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain well and return to pot. Pour rosé sauce over pasta and toss to combine. Spoon vegetables over