I love spicy corn. The first time I tried it was in Little India, here in Toronto. During the summer, folks set up mini-BBQs on the sidewalk and make this heaven corn. My lips feel like they’re burning off, LOL. I loved it!!!
My mom loves it too, so when we headed to a cottage for a week, I made sure I brought all the ingredients to make some spicy corn for us. This recipe was delicious and had just the right mix of hotness and tartness from the lime. Oh, wow, it was good!!!!
- 6 large ears sweet corn in husks
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
INSTRUCTIONS (6 servings)
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; Chipotle, Lime, Corn, Cobs, cilantro, chipotle pepper, Asiagoremove silk. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string. Place in a stockpot; cover with cold water. Soak for 20 minutes; drain. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning often.
- OR, my easier version, remove husk and silk; brush for with melted butter, double wrap in foil and grill on BBQ for 10-12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chipotle, cilantro, lime juice, lime peel and garlic
- Spread one heaping tablespoon over each ear of corn.
- Sprinkle with Asiago cheese.
- Sprinkle with some lime juice.