Another recipe sourced from Gwyneth Paltrow, yep. I’m sorry, but the woman’s got great recipes!
I’ve been using Isagenix products for a while now. I’m a fan of the vanilla shakes, but I’m looking to shake things up a bit. Change up the flavour flave just a little. No knock on the shake at all. They’re great! A complete meal replacement, not just a protein powder. Makes me feel good that I’m starting my day off on the right foot. Organic, so more to feel good about. This program is actually what really made me rethink what I was eating and start ordering a weekly bag of local, organic produce, which is what really inspired me to cook more and, ultimately, start this blog 🙂
I am trying to get into better shape. I’ve lost 14 pounds since September. Nice and slow, consistently. I won’t lie to you….losing weight at 44 is HARD. Nothing like when you’re in your 30s (never mind your 20s). I’ve exercised a ton (spinning with Studio Sweat On Demand, weights with Gillian Michaels and yoga with Gaim TV ), really watched what I’ve been eating—counting calories and what vitamins, nutrients, etc. I’m ingesting to be sure I’m being healthy.
But back to the smoothie/shake. This was delicious. The fresh date was a nice touch of sweetness.
- 1 serving whey protein powder (I used Isagenix vanilla shake powder)
- 1 serving greens powder (I used Isagenix greens powder)
- 1½ cups cold unsweetened vanilla-flavored #almond milk I used half water and half milk—I find it’s too think for me if I use all milk)
- 1 date, pitted
- 1/3 banana (I used a whole one to get that hit of potassium)
- Blend everything in a blender and drink immediately.
Adapted from: It’s All Good by Gwyneth Paltrow